Last Modified: March 14, 2017
- The DigiLocker System allows the user to browse the site without signing up. In this case it will not capture any specific personal information about the user (for example name, phone number, email ID) that may not allow us to identify anyone individually.
- In case the user wishes to sign up for DigiLocker Account, the user must provide his/her personal mobile number. Subsequently the user may link their account with Aadhaar number for the purpose of authentication. As part of the Aadhaar authentication, eKYC details of the user are collected and associated with DigiLocker account.
- The issuers of the DigiLocker System may push the documents or certificates to user’s DigiLocker account in electronic form or through a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).
- The DigiLocker System allows the holder of account to digitally (electronically) sign using the service of a licensed eSign Service Provider and self upload documents free of charge.
- The DigiLocker System does not share/ disclose any information including eKYC details of the user collected from Aadhaar at the time of sign up with any individual or Organization (public or private) unless and until it is required by law or it is authorized by the account holder with his/her consent.
- The DigiLocker Account holder will be at liberty to share his/ her uploaded documents or URIs to any individual or Organization at his/her own accord and free will by providing his/her express consent. The responsibility of sharing of documents with requesters or other entities lies with the user only as DigiLocker system merely facilitates the sharing of documents.
- As far as transparency and choice is concerned the DigiLocker System allows the user to see and analyze the activity log of any document or URI shared by him/ her with various individuals and the Organizations.
- The personal and usage information, as collected may be shared with other Organizations, if Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable Government request;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues as well as investigation of potential violations;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DigiLocker System, other users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We do not sell or share any personally identifiable information submitted on the DigiLocker Portal/Website to any third party (public/private), except under the conditions as mentioned above. Any such information provided to this website will be reasonably protected from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- The DigiLocker System uses geographic location information and technical information such as device OS, browser, etc. from Google analytics. No personal information is collected in this process. All such information collected by Google analytics application system may be collated by the DigiLocker only for the purpose of analysis only.
- In case of any grievance, you may send your complaints for redressal to: support[at]digitallocker[dot]gov[dot]in