FAQs & Customer Support
DigiLocker account has the following sections:
- Dashboard – This is the home screen of your DigiLocker account, from where you can navigate to other sections of DigiLocker. This also shows summary of issued documents and a link to get documents from partners integrated with DigiLocker.
- Issued Documents – This section shows list of URIs (links) of digital documents or certificates issued by the Govt. departments or agencies integrated with DigiLocker.
- Uploaded Documents – This section shows all the documents which are uploaded by you. You can update the document type and share these uploaded documents.
- Shared Documents – This sections shows the list of documents which you have shared with others (via. email).
- Activity – This section keeps log of all the activities performed by you in DigiLocker account. The log includes the details about activities such as file upload, download, share, etc.
- Issuers – This section provides the lists of departments and agencies that are registered with DigiLocker as Issuers. If these departments have issued any document/certificate to you, it will appear in the form of a URI (link) in your Issued Documents section.
- Benefits to Citizens
- Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals.
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of the citizen.
- Faster service Delivery- Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Education, Health.
- Benefits to Agencies
- Reduced Administrative Overhead: aimed at the concept of paperless governance. It reduces the administrative overhead by minimizing the use of paper and curtailing the verification process.
- Digital Transformation: provides trusted issued documents. Issued Documents available via DigiLocker are fetched in real-time directly from the issuing agency.
- Secure Document Gateway: acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between trusted issuer and trusted Requester/Verifier with the consent of the citizen.
- Real Time Verification: provides a verification module enabling government agencies to verify data directly from issuers after obtaining user consent.
What security features are implemented in DigiLocker? Is it safe to put my data on DigiLocker platform?
DigiLocker is completely safe and secure to use. We do care about your privacy and take all precautionary measures to ensure your data is protected and uncompromised.
We adopt following practices:
- Standard Practices: DigiLocker follows standard software development practices of uniform coding standards, guidelines and reviews. Every release is reviewed and tested internally for security and penetration vulnerabilities before getting deployed on our servers.
- 256 Bit SSL Encryption: DigiLocker uses 256 bit secure socket layer (SSL) Encryption for information transmitted during any activity.
- Mobile Authentication based Sign Up: DigiLocker uses mobile authentication based signup via OTP (one time password) for authenticating users and allowing access to the platform.
- ISO 27001 certified Data Centre: The application is hosted on ISO 27001 security certified data centre.
- Data Redundancy: Data is backed up in secure environment with proper redundancy.
- Timed Log Out: To protect citizen’s account from unauthorized access, our system is designed to terminate session automatically if extended inactivity is detected.
- Security Audit: DigiLocker audited by recognized audit agencies and the application security audit certificate are obtained at regular intervals.
- User Consent Based System: The data from DigiLocker is shared only with the citizen's explicit consent. All sharing and access activities are logged and conveyed to the citizen. Organizations that need access to citizens' certificates need to register on DigiLocker and seek explicit consent from the citizen.
Signing up for DigiLocker is easy - all you need is your mobile or Aadhaar number.
Your mobile/Aadhaar number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by setting your security PIN for 2-Factor authentication. This will create your DigiLocker account.
OTP is a random one-time password generated by the DigiLocker/UIDAI system and sent to your registered mobile number.
The OTP is valid for 10 minutes only. If you enter the OTP after 10 minutes, it will be rendered invalid and you have to request resend OTP.
My mobile is updated in my Aadhaar number, but I cannot use it to link my DigiLocker account with Aadhaar. It gives an error message - 'Mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar'.
For linking your DigiLocker account with Aadhaar, your mobile must be linked with your Aadhaar number. Please make sure this is actually the case.
To verify this, visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and download your eAadhaar. You will be able to check the linked mobile number (last four digits) during this process.
I wish to link Aadhaar with my DigiLocker, but my mobile number is not updated in my Aadhaar. How can I get this done?
While trying to link Aadhaar with DigiLocker, I am getting an error message 'Your Aadhaar is invalid’.
After entering the Aadhaar number, I am getting an error message "UID service temporarily unavailable".
How can I change the information displayed (like email, mobile etc) in my Aadhaar profile on DigiLocker?
I forgot my password but when I go to forgot username/forgot password link and enter my Aadhaar number I am getting error 'You are not a registered user'.
I want to change my registered mobile number in my Digilocker account? Is there any provision to update mobile number?
You can upload documents from inside your ‘Uploaded Documents’ section.
Click the upload icon to start uploading a document. In the file upload dialog box, locate the file from your local drive and select 'open' to complete the uploading.
To assign a document type to your uploaded file, click 'select doc type'. This will show a pop up with a drop down selection of various document types. Choose the appropriate document type and click 'save'.
You can also edit the name of the file using the edit icon next to the filename.
DigiLocker now allows citizens to access their digital Aadhaar. What is digital Aadhaar? Is it the same as the eAadhaar issued by UIDAI?
Digital Aadhaar in DigiLocker is the same as eAadhaar issued by UIDAI. DigiLocker has partnered with UIDAI to make it available automatically to its users when they link their DigiLocker account with Aadhaar.
The advantage of digital Aadhaar is that it can be shared with any agency or organization in electronic form thus elimination use of Photocopies or print outs.
I have already signed up for DigiLocker and linked my Aadhaar. How can I get my Digital in DigiLocker?
Here are the steps to get Digital Aadhaar in DigiLocker if you already have Aadhaar linked DigiLocker account:
- Login to DigiLocker with your credentials.
- Go to the issued section where you will see your digital Aadhaar Card listed.
- Just click on the view/download option to access the Digital Aadahar.
Give us details about the DigiLocker integration with Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH). What are the benefits of this integration for citizens?
DigiLocker is recognized by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways via notification (RT-11036/64/2017-MVL dated 08/08/2018) as a digital platform for making available digital driving license & vehicle registration certificates to Indian citizens. DigiLocker is now directly integrated with the National Register, which is the national database of driving license and vehicle registration data across the country. Henceforth, DigiLocker users will be able to access their digital Registration Certificate & Driving License both on desktop computers and on mobile devices.
Benefits of this integration:
- Paperless Services: Digital driving license and vehicle registration certificate will minimize the use of physical documents.
- Authentic Records: Citizens can share the authentic digital certificates directly from the data source with other departments as identity and address proof resulting in reduction of administrative overhead.
- Spot Verification: The digital RC and DL in a DigiLocker account can be spot verified for authenticity either by validating the Digital Signature of MoRTH on the PDF copy of the document or by scanning the QR code on digital documents by using the QR scan facility on DigiLocker mobile app.
- No need to carry original physical form of documents while driving vehicle: Ministry of Road Transport and Highway have issued a D.O to all state transport states about acceptance of Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate when presented through issued section of DigiLocker are deemed to be legally recognized at par with the original documents as per the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
For getting the digital Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate, users should ensure their Aadhaar number is linked with their DigiLocker account. Once it is done, User can go to the quick Link section on the dashboard and click on “Get your Digital Driving license” and “Get your Digital Vehicle RC”. This will allow to fetch document from the MoRTH database. Once the document is fetched, an URI is created and saved automatically in their ‘Issued section of DigiLocker’ section for later reuse.
Citizens can get their Digital Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate on both desktop and on mobile devices.
Does my name matter while fetching my Digital Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate through DigiLocker? I can see a non-editable field for the Aadhaar name while filling out the requisite details.
I followed the instructions but could not get my digital Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate via DigiLocker. It says "No record available in issuer database for given document no. Please check your document number and try again." Why I am not able to get my documents through DigiLocker?
I am getting an error message "The details provided did not match the issuer data. Please try again with some changes." What does this mean and what can I do get my data?
I tried linking my Aadhaar with DigiLocker, but it gives an error "This Aadhaar is already registered". How can this be possible?
- Students have received an SMS on their mobile number registered with CBSE.
- Students should use this mobile number to login to their accounts.
- Enter the OTP received on registered Mobile Number
- Enter the last 6 digits of your Roll number as the security PIN and Login.
- After successful Login, Student should go to 'Issued Document' section of DigiLocker and you will see all your class X or XII certificates here.
- After successful Login, Student should click on 'Browse' and select 'Central Board of Secondary Education' in Education category.
- Select the Document student is willing to fetch i.e. Marksheet, Passing Certificate or Migration Certificate.
- Enter the required details i.e. Year and Roll No and get your Class X or XII Certificates in your DigiLocker Account.