FAQs & Customer Support
If you are facing any problem, please read the FAQs below. You will find answers & solutions to most of the common questions.
If your problem is still unresolved, please email us at support[at]digitallocker[dot]gov[dot]in. Our support team will get back to you.
Each resident’s DigiLocker account has the following sections:
- Dashboard – This section is the first page you see when you login and shows a summary of all your documents.
- Issued Documents – This section shows the URIs (links) of the documents or certificates issued to you by the Govt. department or other agencies participating in DigiLocker.
- Uploaded Documents – This section shows all the documents which are uploaded by you. You can update the document type and share these uploaded documents.
- Shared Documents – This sections shows the list of documents which you share with others (via email).
- Activity – This section is a log of the activities you performed in you DigiLocker account. The log included the details about the activities such as file upload, download etc.
- Issuers – This section lists the departments and agencies that are registered on DigiLocker as Issuers. If these departments have issued any document/certificate to you, it will appear in the form of a URI (link) in your Issued Documents section.
DigiLocker is aimed at the concept of paperless governance. It offers the following benefits:
- Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time saving.
- It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
DigiLocker is safe and secure to use. We are taking all precautionary measures to ensure your data is protected and uncompromised. Please find the list of security measures that have been implemented till now. This list will expand as more safety features get added.
- Standard Practices: DigiLocker follows standard software development practices of uniform coding standards, guidelines and reviews. Every release is reviewed and tested internally for security and penetration vulnerabilities before getting deployed on our servers.
- 256 Bit SSL Encryption: DigiLocker uses 256 bit secure socket layer (SSL) Encryption for information transmitted during any activity.
- Mobile Authentication based Sign Up: DigiLocker uses mobile authentication based signup via OTP (one time password) for authenticating users and allowing access to the platform.
- Aadhaar Authentication based Issued Document Access: To receive issued documents from registered issuers, citizens need to authenticate themselves using Aadhaar's Biometric or Mobile OTP authentication service.
- ISO 27001 certified Data Centre: The application is hosted in a ISO 27001 security certified data centre.
- Data Redundancy: Data is backed up in secure environment with proper redundancy.
- Timed Log Out: To protect citizen’s account from unauthorized access, our system is designed to terminate session automatically if extended inactivity is detected.
- Security Audit: The DigiLocker application has been security audited by a recognized audit agency and the application security audit certificate has been obtained.
- User Consent Based System: The data from DigiLocker is shared only with the citizen's explicit consent. All sharing and access activities are logged and conveyed to the citizen. Organizations that need access to citizens' certificates need to register on DigiLocker and seek explicit consent from the citizen.
Digital Aadhaar in DigiLocker is the same as eAadhaar issued by UIDAI (https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in). DigiLocker has partnered with UIDAI to make it available automatically to its users when they link their DigiLocker account with Aadhaar.
The advantage of digital Aadhaar is that it can now be used in the same way as any other DigiLocker document.
Here are the steps to get eAadhaar in DigiLocker if you already have Aadhaar linked DigiLocker account:
- Login to DigiLocker with your credentials.
- Upon login to DigiLocker, you will see a dialog box with a message to get your eAadhaar.
- Click on “Click here” link. OTP box will appear in the dialog.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number linked to Aadhaar. Enter this OTP in the OTP box and click “Verify OTP” button.
- On successful validation of the OTP you will be redirected to “Issued Document” page where URI for eAadhaar will be listed.
- Click on “Save” icon next to Aadhaar Card on “Issued Document” page. Your eAadhaar will be saved to “Uploaded Document” section.
DigiLocker has partnered with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways for making available digital driving license & vehicle registration certificates to Indian citizens. Under this partnership, DigiLocker is now directly integrated with the National Register, which is the national database of driving license and vehicle registration data across the country. Henceforth, DigiLocker users will be able to access their digital RC & DL both on desktop computers and on mobile devices.
Benefits of this integration -
- Paperless Services: Digital driving license and vehicle registration will minimize the use of physical documents.
- Authentic Records: Citizens can share the authentic digital certificates directly from the data source with other departments as identity and address proof resulting in reduction of administrative overhead.
- Spot Verification: The digital RC and DL in a DigiLocker account can be spot verified for authenticity either by validating the Digital Signature of MoRTH on the PDF copy of the document or by scanning the QR code on digital documents by using the QR scan facility on DigiLocker mobile app.
Please see this step by step demo for the process of getting the digital RC & DL
Citizens can get their Digital RC & DL on both desktop and on mobile devices (Android only at present, iOS coming soon!).
For logging into DigiLocker with the credentials sent by CBSE via SMS, please note that the password is in lower-case characters."]; ?>
Your mother's first name in (lower case) should exactly match with the name written on your admit card. E.g. If your mother's name on your admit card is A Sharma and roll number is 1234567, your password will be a4567. If your mother’s name on your admit card is Sushmita Mahajan and your roll number is 1234567, your password will be sushmita4567."]; ?>
Signing up for DigiLocker is easy - all you need is your mobile number.
Your mobile number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by selecting a username & password. This will create your DigiLocker account.
After your DigiLocker account is successfully created, you can voluntarily provide your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI) to avail additional services.
OTP is a random one-time password generated by the UIDAI system and sent to your registered mobile number and email-id.
The OTP is valid for 30 mins only. If you enter the OTP after 30 mins, it will be rendered invalid and you will have to enter a fresh one.
For linking your DigiLocker account with Aadhaar, your mobile must be linked with your Aadhaar number. Please make sure this is actually the case.
To verify this, visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and download your eAadhaar. You will be able to check the linked mobile number (last four digits) during this process.
Please visit https://uidai.gov.in/update-your-aadhaar-data.html for the list of enrolment centers.
- Cogent CSD200
- Mantra MFS100
- Morpho MSO 1350E
- Morpho MSO 1350E2
- Morpho MSO 1300E
- Morpho MSO 300
- Morpho MSO 301
- Morpho MSO 350
- Morpho MSO 351
- SecuGen HU20
- Startek FM220
To find more about enrolment centers, visit https://uidai.gov.in/update-your-aadhaar-data.html to_go
- Push (via Aadhaar) - This method works when the issuer database is seeded with the Aadhaar number of citizens. Once a registered issuer issues an e-document for a particular Aadhaar number (and the respective DigiLocker account already exists for that Aadhaar number), the URI for that document will be get pushed automatically into DigiLocker.
- Pull (via search parameters) - This method is used when the issuer database does not contain the seeded Aadhaar number. For certain issuers which have a partnership with DigiLocker, citizens can log into DigiLocker and pull their record from the issuer database using some common search parameters. Once the record is fetched, a permanent link (URI) to it can be saved in the issued document section.
- Click the upload icon to start uploading a document. In the file upload dialog box, locate the file from your local drive and select 'open' to complete the uploading."]; ?>
- To assign a document type to your uploaded file, click 'select doc type'. This will show a pop up with a drop down selection of various document types. Choose the appropriate document type and click 'save
- You can also edit the name of the file using the edit icon next to the filename.